students the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning
and using a pistol safely.
Length: 6 hours
* Pistol knowledge & safe gun handling
* Ammunition knowledge & fundamentals of pistol shooting
* Various pistol shooting positions
* Selecting a pistol
* Pistol sports & activities
Equipment requirements: A
pistol. For those new to shooting, we recommend starting with a
.22 caliber pistol.
* Handling pistols safely
* Natural point of aim
* Sight picture, sight alignment
* Breath control
* Trigger squeeze
You may bring your own pistols. Instructors will inspect
student pistols and reserve the right to request that they be
checked by a gunsmith
You need to bring a
minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition. As an alternative contact
the Instructor. They will supply ammunition at additional cost.